Notice, this problem only exists for Company Managed projects.
Similar errors can occur and the solution is different. More information on this here:
By default ‘Company managed’ projects are set up so that the ‘Story points’ field needs to be associated with the relevant project screens so that the story point value can be updated using 3rd party add-ons. When users try to save an estimate when the screen association is missing the following error occurs:
There is a quick solution to this problem
The video below shows how Smart Guess detects missing permissions and provides users with a short message and a direct link where users can update their settings to solve the problem on their own:SmartGuess-ScreenAssociation-BuiltIn.mp4
Opening an issue where ‘Story Points’ screen association is missing
2. When clicked the following message is displayed “Story Points can’t be updated” as shown.
Note if the error text is different, then report an issue here.
Solving the problem
2. By clicking the ‘1 screens’ link in the table the following screen is opened
3. In this screen, as seen to the right, associate the ‘Story Points’ field to all relevant screens.
Notice the error will occur for all screens not associated with the field.
4. Once these settings have been saved, you can open the issue in Smart Guess and now no warning appears.
5. You can now save the “Story point” value without any problems.